Discovery of Djerba
The Full day Discovery of Djerba is the most requested excursion by visitors wishing to discover the island and its most beautiful sites. Departing from your hotel, you will discover the island’s must-sees: between the Roman roadway, the pottery village, the museum of art and traditions which illustrates Djerbian customs, the Roman roadway of the Ghriba, Djerba Hood and the crocodile farm, you won’t be bored!
The most interesting during this Full day Discovery of Djerba would be mealtimes. Your guide will invite you to a local experience par excellence! You will be directed to the fish market, one of the few in the world where fish are sold by auction (a kind of auction). Your guide will buy you a good fresh fish and the restaurant next door will take care of grilling it and serving it to you at the table with a good Tunisian salad and fries.
About the full day discovery of Djerba
- Duration : 1 Day
- Departure Time : 8:30 a.m
- Pick up : Island of Djerba (our team picks you up where you are in Djerba)
- Confirmation : immediate
- Guide : Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport : Air-conditioned tourist vehicle
- Trip approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Cancellation : See Terms and Conditions
- Take advantage of pick-up at your address in Djerba or Zarzis
- Take a 1-day island tour in Djerba and discover its most interesting monuments.
- Stop at the famous Roman road and enjoy a photo break.
- Visit the Guellala Museum and learn more about Djerbian traditions: weddings, costumes, fishing…etc
- Visit a pottery workshop and watch a making demonstration
- Visit the oldest Jewish Synagogue in North Africa
- Stroll through the alleys of Djerba Hood and admire the graffiti
- Visit the fish market and learn more about auctioning!
- Stroll through the alleys of Houmt Souk and visit the old caravanserais
- Discover the famous Lella Hadhria museum and visit the “Djerba Explore” crocodile farm.
At 8:30 am, our team will pick you up where you are in Djerba or Zarzis to accompany you on a one-day island tour in Djerba to discover its most interesting sites!
Head towards the Roman road (the only paved road that connects the island to the mainland) and enjoy a short photo stop during which your guide will brief you on the detailed program for the day!
Then, head to Guellela, the pottery village par excellence, where this craft is inherited from father to son! The first stop will be at the Djerba Traditional Heritage Museum, known more as the Guellela Museum. Here will be your introduction to local life. You will learn more about the Djerbian lifestyle, architecture, weddings, economy and much more! The visit takes at least a good hour, so take your time! Once introduced to the life of Djerba and its traditions, it would be time to see things live! Your guide and your driver will accompany you to a local workshop! The gentleman will be happy to show you the manufacturing methods of terracotta products. A demonstration of traditional pottery after which you will have time, if you wish, to do your shopping on site.
From Guellela, you will head to the famous “Ghirba“, the oldest Jewish synagogue in North Africa where you will have time to visit with your guide. I would like to point out that at the entrance you will have to take off your shoes and cover your head (hats and scarves are provided on site).
Then take you to the artistic alleys of DjerbaHood. A village with typical Djerbian architecture, where more than 100 artists from all over the world have left their signatures on the walls… Above all, don’t forget your cameras.
At this time, it would already be noon, so it is high time to eat… the Djerbienne! Your guide will accompany you to the fish market in Houmt Souk. The place where you will be introduced to a rare method of fish belly either “auction” or auction! Visit and your guide will take care of choosing the fish of the day. Then, in the restaurant next door, the Mr will take care of grilling it for you and serving it to you at the table accompanied by a good Tunisian salad and fries.
Once your stomach is full, it’s time to digest a little! Then follow your guide for a walk in the alleys of Houmt Souk. Discover with him the old caravanserais also called “Fondouks” and learn more about the caravanners! Discover the spice market and the covered souk where you will find everything you need for your shopping and your gifts!
At the end of the day, head to Djerba Explore and take the time to visit these 3 modules! Start with the Lella Hadhria museum, the Heritage module and of course the crocodile park!
Once the visit is over, our team will accompany you to your hotel and it will be the end of your services, hoping to see you again for other discoveries.
Good to know
- For those who do not eat fish other alternatives are offered.
- Please let us know if you have any food allergies!
- In the synagogue, a person is always present to offer you postcards for 1 Dinar, this is used to finance and maintain the place (I say that because he can be insistent sometimes so if this is the case do not hesitate not to tell your guide about it)
- Do not hesitate to take some pocket money if you want to buy some souvenirs (pottery, a cheche or something else) or give tips.
The full day discovery of the island in pictures
The island tour in video
- Provision of a private vehicle during the excursion to discover the island.
- The services of a guide approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- The services of a driver approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Lunch (excluding drinks)
- Our assistance during the excursion
Drinks Personal expenses Tips