Go on horseback and return by camel
The caravan in Djerba is the most requested excursion by camel and horse lovers for the simple reason that this ride allows you to ride on the two beasts! A camel ride and a horseback ride or vice versa, so that you have the opportunity to make the most of it!
Going on a horseback or camel ride is one of the best ways to discover the island of Djerba. With the rhythmic steps of your friends the dromedaries, you will visit the most secret corners of the island.
A ride for one, two or even three hours on horseback, on the back of a camel or in a horse-drawn carriage to the various locations (the countryside, the lagoon, the souk of Midoun), it’s very fun, it’s even magnificent!
Lovers of new sensations will be able to discover the charm of the swaying rhythm of a dromedary, accustomed to walking in the sand, slender and rustic, clear as the dunes of the desert, and perfectly adapted to make you discover the sandy tracks of the countryside of the ‘Isle.
Lovers of comfort may prefer to take the ride on horseback, well secured in a saddle.
Here, everyone is happy since the concept is to start the first part of a horseback ride and finish it on the back of a camel or vice versa! It’s the perfect way to try both, get the most out of it and of course keep the expense down!
About the combo caravan
- Duration : 2 hours
- Departure Time : 9:00 a.m – 11:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m -4:00 p.m – 6:00 p.m
- Pick up : Djerba (our team picks you up wherever you are in Djerba)
- Confirmation : immediate
- Guide : Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport : Camel + Horse
- Return transfers provided by our team
- Enjoy pick-up at your address in Djerba.
- Discover the island of Djerba to the rhythmic rhythm of camels and horses!
- Combined horse and camel ride.
- Discover the great lagoon of Djerba
- Discover the landscapes of Djerba far from the hotel complexes.
- Stay in the good hands of a professional guide.
Our team will take care of picking you up at your hotel to ensure your transfer to the ranch where the caravan will start! Meet your guide who will introduce you to your pet. It should be noted that all these walks are done with animals trained and accustomed to transporting people!
Choose the animal you want to start with and go for a walk inland and away from the crowds! About 1 hour later, you will have a stop at the edge of the lagoon to admire the landscapes and the sunset if you choose the last outing of the day!
Before the return, discuss with one of your guides and if you left on horseback, go back, therefore, on the back of a dromedary!
Each caravan in Djerba is supervised by one or two qualified instructors, depending on the number of participants.
The ride is always guaranteed from two participants, with the possibility of grouping departures on request.
The walks are organized with respect for animals and safety instructions.
Good to know
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult
- If you arrive in July or August, it is best to book the first or last ride of the day to avoid the heat.
- Don’t forget to put on your sunscreen!
The caravan in pictures
The caravan in video
Return transfer provided by our team
The services of a professional guide during the ride
The provision of a horse and a camel during the ride
Our assistance during the excursion
Drinks Personal expenses Tips